Do not index
Do not index
Oku Club - The companion app for your bookshelf.
If you're tired of sh*tty User Experience of Goodreads, biased reviews, and the inability of Goodreads to re-invent itself, then Oku is for you! It's here to stay.
Join here if you're interested.
👍 Advantages of using Oku:
- Simple and minimalistic UI & UX blew me away!
- You can migrate all your Goodreads collections to Oku with just a few clicks.
- You can browse what everybody is reading even without following them. Good chance to find something you might not otherwise come across.
- It obviously has all the important features of Goodreads!
- I love their 'Reading goal' feature.
- You can create custom collections, i.e, Cook Books, Fiction, Non-Fiction, etc., for quick access.
- You can publicly share your collections with others. Browse my collection here.
- Love their dark mode!
- Unlock personal statistics like Number of books, number of pages, Languages, Authors, and more.
- They're serious about Data Privacy.
👎 Disadvantages of using Oku:
- Their paid plan is not so affordable for readers like me. I'm not a regular reader. I wish they had a more affordable yearly plan.
- The development process is really slow since it's an Indie team working on weekends and evenings. So, I cannot expect great features any time soon.
- I wish they had 'Groups' or something where fans can join a group and participate in the discussion.
✨ Similar websites to explore:
- Goodreads - The good ol' Goodreads to keep track of your books.
- Anobii - Independent social network for book lovers.